Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. is the manufacturing headquarters for 15 vehicle, engine, and parts plants across the
· Decreasing absolute energy use by 9 percent and absolute water use by 8 percent.
· Influencing the company's supply chain by continuing to train Tier 1 suppliers to conduct internal plant energy assessments known as Treasure Hunts. Thirty-three companies benefitted from the training in 2011.
· Supporting the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Focus actively for over 10 years and conducting new research for expanded benchmarking of assembly and power-train plants.
· Completing the analysis on the reduction of air to ovens in paint shops--a pilot installation is planned for 2012. A preliminary analysis across
· Motivating energy savings through monthly energy contests, rewarding the production shops with greatest reductions, and through the annual Toyota Summer and Winter Shutdown Energy Reduction Challenge.