With 41 hotels across 16 states and more than 5,500 employees, HEI Hotels & Resorts (HEI) is a leading hospitality investment company that acquires, develops, owns, and operates upscale hotels and resorts, totaling more than 9.5 million square feet. HEI is receiving Sustained Excellence recognition for its innovative and holistic approach to energy management--an approach that continues to increase energy savings, year after year. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Reducing company-wide energy use by 2.2 percent, for a total reduction of more than 32.8 percent since 2006.
· Training more than 500 new employees on HEI's energy conservation program, the benefits of saving energy, and how to participate as part of new mandatory orientation
· Refreshing its Energy Looking Glass dashboard to make it easier for chief engineers to benchmark energy use, and deploying two new tools to qualify and track standard energy efficiency upgrade projects throughout its portfolio.
· Incentivizing chief engineers to proactively manage energy use at their properties by awarding flat screen TVs for outstanding conservation efforts.
· Distributing and promoting ENERGY STAR materials internally and externally; promotion efforts included hanging Bring Your Green to Work with ENERGY STAR posters throughout hotels, co-branding marketing materials with the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year logo, and prominently displaying Partner of the Year crystal trophies.