Lowe's Companies, Inc. is a Fortune 50 company that serves approximately 15 million customers per week at more than 1,725 home improvement stores in the
· Carrying thousands of ENERGY STAR qualified products across the store, as well as renewable energy products and electric vehicle chargers. In addition to its top selection of in-stock ENERGY STAR qualified appliances and lighting products, Lowe's also launched Kobalt, a new line of power tools with ENERGY STAR qualified, rechargeable battery systems.
· Educating customers across the nation about the benefits of products that have earned the ENERGY STAR through signage, collateral, displays, and in-store events, reaching more than 15 million customers every week. Since becoming a partner in 2001, Lowe's TV spots have yielded over 8.4 billion ENERGY STAR impressions; in 2011, online views of ENERGY STAR qualified products on the Lowe's website have increased 122 percent over 2010.
· Leveraging its nationwide training program and comprehensive set of training vehicles to build knowledge of ENERGY STAR among its more than 234,000 employees, including distribution center and corporate employees, as well as store associates.
· Engaging and supporting utility efforts nationwide through comprehensive outreach and customized programs. In 2011 alone, Lowe's increased the number of rebates offered on ENERGY STAR qualified lighting products by 184 percent over the previous year.
· Leveraging its signature "Energy-efficient Home" marketing initiative to engage customers in ENERGY STAR qualified products and practices for their homes, including the promotion of the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign online and events across the country. Since 2006, Lowe's has driven enough ENERGY STAR pledges of individual actions to save an estimated 5.2 million kWh of energy, equivalent to nearly $750,000 in utility bill savings and the prevention of more than 9.2 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.