New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC), which provides natural gas services to more than 500,000
· Recruiting 20 home builders and one new HERS Rater to partner with ENERGY STAR, for a cumulative total of 66 builders and 30 raters since 2009.
· Sponsoring the construction of approximately 400 homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR for a total of approximately 3,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since 2009.
· Offering a special incentive tier for ENERGY STAR certified homes that achieve a HERS Index of 50 or lower to encourage builders to construct higher-performing homes in light of more stringent building codes.
· Training home builders, trade contractors, and market allies on the transition to ENERGY STAR Versions 2.5 and 3.
· Presenting and conducting outreach on ENERGY STAR certified homes at Home Builder Association meetings, state local code change meetings, and REALTOR Association meetings, reaching approximately 1,200 individuals.