With more than 330,000 residential customers, Austin Energy is the City of
· Surpassing its 2011 HPwES retrofit goals by completing more than 3,100 retrofits.
· Achieving an average savings per participating household of more than 5,300 kWh, or $180, for a total savings of approximately 5.9 million kWh through its loan and rebate programs in 2011.
· Encouraging HPwES participants to implement all recommended efficiency measures through consumer education and incentives. In 2011, more than half of all participants, or over 1,600 households, completed three or more of the recommended measures; more than 40 percent, or over 1,300 households, completed all of the recommended measures.
· Introducing software for use by contractors to automate the HPwES application process, which is anticipated to streamline the program, minimize errors, and speed up the data reporting and application processes.
· Integrating a longstanding HPwES program with the new rigors of being a grantee of the U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings.