As the fourth largest school system in the
· Benchmarking 89 district facilities in Portfolio Manager and increasing the portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score from a 54 in 2004 to a current score of 74.
· Employing low- and no-cost measures to save more than $30,000 in electricity and natural gas costs in 2011. Over the past 18 years, LCPS has saved more than $42.9 million in energy costs.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for two more schools compared with 2010, for a total of 38 certified schools.
· Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for three designs and continuing to use EPA's Target Finder tool to ensure all new school buildings are designed to be top energy performers.
· Promoting the benefits of statewide use of Portfolio Manager's master account sharing capability to the Virginia Energy Purchasing Governmental Association (VEPGA) in order to enable data sharing among the more than 180 municipal entity members.
· Reaching out at the local, state, and national level to promote the fiscal and environmental benefits of saving energy with ENERGY STAR through presentations, events, reports, press releases, and industry conference participation.