CenterPoint Energy is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving the greater
· Supporting the construction of more than 8,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, contributing to a total of 113,000 certified homes built since 2001.
· Facilitating the transition to Version 3 by distributing informational newsletters and emails and holding 40 one-on-one meetings and hundreds of phone calls to keep builders and raters informed about ENERGY STAR Version 3 requirements, and conducting outreach events to recognize partners' achievements.
· Holding various training sessions--both technical, such as HVAC Quality Installation and System Design class for local HVAC companies, and sales-oriented, such as home builder sales training for sales staff--to maintain momentum and garner more support for the program.
· Delivering two ENERGY STAR Version 3 Better Homes Cost Less presentations and exhibiting at the Greater Houston Builders Association New Home and Remodeling Show to educate consumers about the value and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
· Encouraging builder partners to leverage the ENERGY STAR brand by providing free marketing collateral such as yard signs, door mats, and brochures. Builders were also encouraged to utilize the resources on energystar.gov.