As a public benefit corporation, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) administers programs that are designed to help
· Completing almost 6,000 energy efficiency improvement projects under the HPwES program, for a total of more than 42,000 projects to date, with cumulative savings of 28 million kWh and 1.4 MMBtu.
· Achieving a HPwES assessment-to-job conversion rate of 30 percent.
· Conducting approximately 1,000 Quality Assurance Field Inspections--a 16 percent inspection rate of HPwES homes in NYSERDA's market.
· Strengthening the HPwES trade by offering energy efficiency career training to more than 800 students.
· Sponsoring the construction of more than 1,600 ENERGY STAR certified homes through its New York ENERGY STAR Homes program, for a total of more than 19,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since 2001.
· Increasing market share for specific ENERGY STAR qualified products by 8 percent and saving New Yorkers more than 101 million kWh in electricity and $12 million in energy costs through its Energy Smart Products program in 2011.