DIRECTV is among the world's leading digital television providers and is a Fortune 150 company with annual revenue of $24.1 billion. DIRECTV is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its commitment to advancing cutting edge efficiency in products. Key accomplishments include:
· Deploying nearly 11 million ENERGY STAR qualified set-top box receivers for a total of 33 million since 2009.
· Helping customers collectively save more than 900 million kWh and $110 million annually with the energy efficient set-top boxes deployed in 2011 alone, with a cumulative savings of 2.75 billion kWh and $320 million since the beginning of its ENERGY STAR partnership in 2009.
· Deploying Whole Home Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) in the homes of nearly 2.2 million homes, saving customers with four televisions 30 percent more energy and driving for deeper savings with new receiverless whole home video solutions with just one central DVR hub--eliminating the need for millions of receivers nationwide.
· Enhancing its company-wide sustainability program by deploying alternative fuel vans, using SmartWaycertified carriers for more than 90 percent of its domestic truckload, benchmarking facility energy use with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, consolidating electronic waste with a certified recycler, and ensuring that 98 percent of its purchased desktops, laptops, and monitors are ENERGY STAR qualified.
· Highlighting the benefits of its ENERGY STAR qualified receivers through its website, an advertising insert in Time magazine, its user guides, attendance at industry events, and a partnership with the New Jersey Clean Energy Program.