With more than $7 billion in assets, USAA Real Estate Company owns, manages, and develops commercial real estate assets across the
· Increasing its portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score by 28 points, from a score of 60 in 2002 to a current score of 88. Since 2002, the company has reduced energy consumption by 39 percent and saved more than $17 million.
· Earning ENERGY STAR Leaders recognition for 10-percent improvement and top performance.
· Using Portfolio Manager to benchmark the energy and water use of its entire office, hotel, and multifamily properties, with more than 90 percent of its office portfolio ENERGY STAR certified or eligible for certification.
· Focusing on operational excellence by making low- and no-cost changes, such as calibrating thermostats and adjusting janitorial cleaning hours. The company also invested more than $2.6 million in cost-effective energy efficiency retrofits, such as energy management system upgrades, lighting retrofits, and chiller replacements.
· Promoting its involvement in EPA's 2011 ENERGY STAR National Building Competition by hosting kick-off events, giving raffle tickets to occupants who took an Energy Knowledge Quiz, posting updates on Facebook and Twitter, distributing press releases to local media, and displaying fliers, banners, and posters.
· Communicating the financial, tenant comfort, and environmental benefits of ENERGY STAR in marketing materials, proposals, corporate communications and newsletters, and presentations to industry leaders.