ArcelorMittal, the world's leading steel and mining company, provides steel solutions for the automobile, construction, household appliance, and energy markets. ArcelorMittal
· Achieving a 1.3 percent reduction in energy intensity for
· Reducing use of coal and coke by 5 percent by using natural gas to power blast furnace operations.
· Reducing the electricity intensity per liquid steel ton by 4.3 percent from 2010.
· Supporting long-term strategic energy management by developing 10-year energy roadmaps for its integrated mills and 5-year roadmaps for its smaller
· Expanding the
· Instituting strategic projects, including a steam trap inspection and repair program resulting in monthly savings of $150,000 at two of its largest plants, as well as increasing power generation by reducing flaring to save more than $255,000 per month in purchased electricity.
· Building its 2011 communication campaign to reach 1.1 million people through six national advertisements and 900,000 readers through local newsprint, while educating new media markets about the value of energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR.