Saint-Gobain manufactures a range of building products, high-performance materials, and glass containers at more than 130 plants throughout
· Reducing energy intensity by 3.6 percent, an amount equivalent to the energy required to produce approximately 836 million typical glass containers. Since 2008, the company has improved energy intensity by 11.9 percent.
· Enabling enhanced energy tracking and benchmarking through expanded sub-metering and by incorporating energy efficiency into new plant design.
· Building the company's in-house expertise for plant energy assessment through energy Kaizens and by completing over 40 technical plant assessments with external vendors.
· Developing improved methods for controlling energy use in operating glass furnaces, a major use of energy for the company and one of the most energy intensive manufacturing processes in
· Earning the first three ENERGY STAR certifications for container glass plants in the