Andersen Corporation, a privately owned window and door manufacturer employing over 9,000 people at more than 20 locations, is known for its 109-year history of leadership in energy-efficient product designs. Andersen Corporation is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to promoting the ENERGY STAR program and its goals nationwide. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Qualifying 15 additional door and window models for a total of 216 models, a 7-percent increase over the previous year.
· Achieving remarkable sales of products that have earned the ENERGY STAR, making up 91 percent of its total 2011 sales.
· Helping customers choose qualified products by distributing more than 85,000 ENERGY STAR display labels to dealers and retailers.
· Adding a feature to its product ordering software that provides information on the ENERGY STAR qualification status of each Andersen product in the order.
· Training 100 percent of new and existing Andersen employees and 80 percent of retailer and distributor employees on the importance of ENERGY STAR.
· Continuing to expand ENERGY STAR joint sales and marketing efforts, tradeshows, presentations, and exhibits for retailers and dealers, netting 927 million impressions--a remarkable 40 percent increase compared to 2010.