Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company serving people in more than 200 countries and territories. The company recognizes the importance of energy conservation and the potential consequences of climate change, and is committed to acting responsibly through its global environmental sustainability efforts. Colgate-Palmolive is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its strong partnership with the program and efforts to continuously improve its energy strategy. Key accomplishments include:
· Improving energy efficiency by 3.5 percent compared to a 2008 baseline.
· Adopting the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry as its own internal energy award program globally to recognize facilities for their energy reduction achievements.
· Implementing more than 110 capital projects estimated to deliver $4.2 million in annual savings.
· Surveying the company's 61 manufacturing facilities and technology centers to more deeply understand the most important aspects of energy; one outcome of the survey was a list of the "Top 10 Energy Actions" all facilities must meet.
· Expanding the company's energy initiative by asking all facilities to designate 5 percent of their capital expenditure budget for environmental projects and include a 2 percent minimum for energy.
· Reaching out to multiple suppliers and contract manufacturers to inform them of the benefits of partnering with ENERGY STAR and encouraging them to join the partnership.
· Developing the Site Energy Coordinator Network to share best practices, participate in training, and promote site energy achievements.