Energy Education, Inc. helps K-12 school districts, higher education, healthcare, and ministerial organizations reduce energy and water consumption by building sustainable, people-driven energy conservation programs. Energy Education is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its success capturing substantial long-term energy savings for thousands of client buildings. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Helping clients save more than $223 million in energy costs in 2011 alone, for a cumulative total of more than $2.6 billion in the past 25 years.
· Benchmarking the energy use of 85 percent of client buildings in Portfolio Manager, helping more than 2,250 client buildings improve their energy performance scores by 10 points or more, and assisting over 550 client buildings in earning the ENERGY STAR.
· Supporting 37 K-12 school districts that achieved ENERGY STAR Leaders recognition in 2011, including Decatur County Community Schools in
· Facilitating client engagement with ENERGY STAR by helping clients prepare and submit Partnership Letters, set up Portfolio Manager accounts, and apply for ENERGY STAR recognition.
· Actively promoting ENERGY STAR to 3.1 million children in client locations through ENERGY STAR-branded communications materials and by placing more than 100 news stories that featured Energy Education and ENERGY STAR.