Utah Building Energy Efficiency Strategies (Utah Clean Energy)
Salt Lake City, Utah
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
Utah Home Performance (UHP) with ENERGY STAR assists Utah homeowners in making energy-efficient home improvements, while also generating new work opportunities for energy analysts and contractors. Utah Building Energy Efficiency Strategies (UBEES) is a coalition of government agencies, utilities, building industry, and key industry stakeholder partnerships who support Utah's energy efficiency and renewable energy goals. These organizations are receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for their superior efforts to educate homeowners and businesses about the benefits of energy efficiency. Key 2011 accomplishments include:
· Supporting the completion of 2,154 Home Performance assessments with a 58-percent conversion rate to completed jobs, which has saved homeowners more than 660,000 kWh.
· Offering homeowners up to $2,000 in incentives to offset the costs of efficiency upgrades and processing more than $2 million in program rebates claimed by participants.
· Engaging UHP's more than 85 program partners by creating a Partner Council to solicit feedback and share best practices, and providing partners with custom-designed sales tools.
· Promoting benchmarking to public and private sector buildings across Utah using Portfolio Manager. UBEES hosted roundtable discussions, completed the Benchmarking & Best Practices Guidelines, and worked with the Governor's Energy Advisor to recognize businesses that participate.
· Launching the Community Energy Challenge pilot in a Salt Lake City neighborhood that includes homeowners and renters and a diverse range of incomes. The pilot explores how community engagement, based largely on community-based social marketing, can impact energy efficiency program implementation.
· Raising awareness about the benefits of ENERGY STAR by engaging one-on-one with consumers at multiple events such as the Spring Home and Garden Festival. UBEES sponsored and organized the ENERGY STAR Center that featured information about Utah State efficiency programs, giveaways, and the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign pledge.