Metro Lighting, a family-owned business with a staff of over 130 employees, has grown into Missouri's largest lighting distributor with seven locations serving the greater St. Louis area and Cape Girardeau. Metro Lighting is receiving recognition for excellent promotion of ENERGY STAR in a lighting showroom. Key accomplishments include:
· Expanding its selection to offer consumers more than 175 products that have earned the ENERGY STAR--75 more SKUs than 2009--including lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, LED retrofit cans, exhaust fans, and bulbs.
· Broadening its partnership with Ameren Missouri to help consumers reduce the end cost of purchasing CFLs and lighting fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR by offering rebates on these products.
· Continuing to train each member of its 60+ sales force on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified products and extending its training to a number of vendors.
· Partnering with Nuvo Lighting to develop a catalog for builders, doubling the sales of these ENERGY STAR qualified lighting products in less than a year.
· Continuing to participate in local festivals and green expos to educate consumers on ENERGY STAR qualified lighting, reaching thousands of consumers.