CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) is a global leader in real estate services, managing nearly 2 billion square feet of property worldwide. CBRE is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued efforts to drive energy and sustainability solutions for clients while using ENERGY STAR as the cornerstone of its approach. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing the number of CBRE-managed properties benchmarked in Portfolio Manager to nearly 1,400, representing 95 percent of all CBRE-managed office buildings.
· Earning the ENERGY STAR for 198 buildings in 2010, bringing CBRE to a total of 447 certified buildings since 2002.
· Reducing energy intensity by almost 7 percent across 136 million square feet of managed office property.
· Piloting a new Web portal to promote continuous monitoring and environmental performance improvement for commercial properties, and fully integrating this tool with Portfolio Manager to facilitate benchmarking.
· Expanding its training activities, in partnership with the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International, to include real estate professionals from other commercial management firms that share the same clients.
· More than 2,100 people were trained in 2010, for a total of nearly 10,000 training attendees since 2006.
· Continuing its role as a Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR pledge driver, reaching more than 40,000 occupants in CBRE-managed office buildings since 2007 and encouraging them to take small steps that will help collectively avoid more than 100 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.