Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States, serving about 6 million customers across 70,000 square miles in northern and central California. PG&E has a long history of promoting ENERGY STAR to raise consumer awareness of energy efficiency. Building frameworks like its Trade Ally Network, PG&E is able to enhance the effectiveness of its energy efficiency portfolio through proactive, focused relationship building and program support. PG&E is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for exemplary efforts in using energy performance information to enhance its commercial program delivery. Key accomplishments include:
· Adding more than 1,400 buildings as users of PG&E's automated benchmarking system in 2010, for a total of nearly 4,000 buildings since 2007.
· Incorporating benchmarking information in segment specific factsheets and Web pages, rebate catalogs, and sales presentations.
· Offering "You've Benchmarked Your Building: What Next?" customer workshops to use benchmarking information to provide energy management solutions.
· Expanding its internal and external training and support tools to make automated benchmarking both scalable and user-friendly.
· Participating actively as an industry leader by guiding peer utilities through the implementation of automated benchmarking.
· Working with retailers through its Trade Ally Network to deliver energy savings of 30.8 MW, 155 GHW, and 3.4 M therms in 2010 alone.