DIRECTV is the nation's number one satellite television service provider, serving more than 19 million Americans. DIRECTV is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for offering millions of customers nationwide energy-efficient satellite boxes, and for paving the way for even greater consumer savings in the future. Key accomplishments include:
· Designing and deploying more than 20 million ENERGY STAR receivers to its customers.
· Highlighting the ENERGY STAR qualification of 18 DIRECTV satellite boxes at www.directv.com.
· Offering even greater customer savings through Whole- Home DVR solutions that enhance the consumer experience while reducing typical satellite box energy consumption in a four TV household by about 30 percent.
· Advancing technology for home networked television entertainment as a founding member of the RVU Alliance; the Alliance is also working toward the goal of dropping associated energy use by another one third in the future.
· Training tens of thousands of employees and contractors about the value of its ENERGY STAR qualified satellite boxes.
· Developing "multi-pack" containers for its products that reduced packing 75 percent from the previous year.
· Standardizing its satellite dish mount, allowing for reuse of the original mount even when a customer upgrades..