Whirlpool Corporation is a global home appliance industry leader, marketing some of the world's most recognized appliance brands--including Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht, and other major brand names--to consumers in nearly every country around the world. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its outstanding efforts to design, produce, and market ENERGY STAR qualified appliances. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering more than 450 models in 2010 that earned the ENERGY STAR, an increase over the previous year and more than any other appliance manufacturer.
· Enhancing its suite of appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR label in 2010 with products such as the Whirlpool brand Cabrio clothes washer and the Whirlpool brand Resource SaverTM refrigerator. Assembled in Clyde, Ohio, the Cabrio ENERGY STAR qualified washer has an available Eco Monitor" that shows the eco-friendliness of each cycle or option and uses more than 70 percent less water and energy per load, while the Resource SaverTM refrigerator exceeds minimum federal standards by 30 percent and uses less energy annually than a 60-watt light bulb operated continuously.
· Continuing to offer its exemplary support to the Habitat for Humanity® program by donating an ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerator to every new Habitat home built in the United States; through this program, more than 125,000 appliances have been donated globally.
· Demonstrating its corporate commitment to energy efficiency by reducing overall energy use by nearly 10 percent since 2007 at its manufacturing facilities.
· Providing a hands-on training and learning experience for retail associates in fall 2010. During a 7-week tour in more than 70 cities across the country, associates learned the latest product innovations and key selling points for ENERGY STAR qualified appliances.