ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Improving your home's energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the many ways to save in your home and track your progress with "My ENERGY STAR" - your new dashboard to savings.
A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the US EPA. ENERGY STAR certified homes use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort, quality, and durability.
Improve financial performance and reduce carbon emissions with EPA's strategic energy management approach.
AEP Texas is a subsidiary of American Electric Power and part of the AEP Texas operating unit. AEP serves more than 649,000 residential customers in 219 cities and towns across 44 counties. AEP is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its outstanding delivery of the ENERGY STAR New Homes program. Key accomplishments include:
· Delivering 350 new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR in 2010--a 127 percent increase since the program began in 2008.
· Attracting almost 100 new builders in 2010, which is more than triple the number of builders in 2008.
· Registering 13 new raters in 2010 to help qualify homes as ENERGY STAR across the region and supporting the professional development of raters by holding roundtables that reviewed new ENERGY STAR Version 3 guidelines.
· Holding a series of builder-oriented workshops that showcased the value of upgrading to ENERGY STAR Version 3.
· Educating real estate agents, mortgage lenders, homebuilder associations, and building supply companies on the financial and environmental benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes through the continuing education course, "Be a Star, with ENERGY STAR."