Oncor is a regulated electric utility operating the largest transmission and distribution system in Texas, delivering power to approximately 3 million homes and businesses in urban, rural, and suburban areas of the state. Oncor is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continuous commitment to the ENERGY STAR for New Homes program. Oncor also supports Home Performance with ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments include:
· Sponsoring the construction of more than 1,800 ENERGY STAR qualified single-family homes in 2010, and yielding an estimated 3.5 MW and nearly 4 million kWh of annual energy savings.
· Demonstrating continued success one year after the launch of the Oncor ENERGY STAR Low-Rise Multi-Family program by receiving over 3,500 unit requests for incentives and collecting more than 1,174 certificates for ENERGY STAR qualified units. This has provided over 363 kW and 1.5 MWh of savings in 2010.
· Redesigning much of its ENERGY STAR training and outreach materials to focus on the cost savings associated with homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR--reflecting the economic concerns of program partners, including builders, developers, real estate professionals, manufacturers, and distributors of building materials.
· Sponsoring the improvement of 623 homes through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, yielding over 550 kW and 960 MWh of energy savings.
· Recruiting and training over 45 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractors in 2010.