National Grid is an energy delivery company serving about 3.4 million customers in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Rhode Island. National Grid is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its continued promotion and delivery of ENERGY STAR qualified products. Key accomplishments include:
· Supporting the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign by launching a unique pilot program, Lighting the Community, that targeted a difficult-to-reach audience in Worcester, MA by partnering with local artists and youth centers to develop public art displays.
· Holding Go Green Nights, where National Grid donated ENERGY STAR CFLs and cookies to be sold in a fundraiser held at each event--allowing 100 percent of the proceeds to go toward energy-efficient projects within the community.
· Facilitating the sale of nearly 1.8 million lighting products that earned the ENERGY STAR through negotiated cooperative promotions, instant coupons, and online catalogs, and nearly 20,000 ENERGY STAR qualified appliances and electronics though retailer partnerships and mail-in rebates.
· Promoting products that have earned the ENERGY STAR and energy-efficient practices through bill inserts in three states and sending a bilingual direct mailer to more than 30,000 Hispanic customers; customers who responded to the direct mailer were sent two qualified CFL bulbs and information on ENERGY STAR rebate incentive programs.
· Providing contractor training to approximately 6,000 retail sales associates on a variety of ENERGY STAR and program specific subjects. Training was provided on the benefits of
ENERGY STAR qualified lighting and appliances; rebate applications; energy-saving potential of programmable thermostats; and proper use and disposal of CFLs.