Questar Gas Company is a natural gas utility serving almost 900,000 customers in Utah, southwestern Wyoming, and a small portion of southeastern Idaho. Questar is receiving
ENERGY STAR recognition for outstanding delivery of its ENERGY STAR qualified homes program. Key accomplishments include:
· Recruiting 124 new production builders to the ENERGY STAR New Homes program in 2010--a 180 percent increase over 2009--for a total of nearly 260 builders.
· Sponsoring the construction of more than 2,500 ENERGY STAR qualified single family homes and more than 1,620 ENERGY STAR qualified multifamily properties in 2010, for a cumulative total of more than 8,300 single family and over 2,340 multifamily homes qualified to date.
· Maintaining a 35 percent market share of homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR during 2010 with housing permits in the market growing only 4.5 percent.
· Providing financial incentives to builders who display marketing collateral and signage, provided by Questar, that promote the benefits of ENERGY STAR homes and energy efficient appliances.
· Providing technical as well as sales and marketing training to approximately 200 builders, contractors, real estate professionals, architects, and engineers covering ENERGY STAR requirements and effective marketing strategies.