KB Home is one of the nation's largest site-built home builders with operations in 30 markets across the nation. KB Home is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to the ENERGY STAR for New Homes program. Key accomplishments include:
· Constructing over 7,000 ENERGY STAR qualified homes in 2010, for a total of more than 60,000 qualified homes since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2001.
· Making ENERGY STAR the cornerstone of its companywide sustainability initiative called My Home, My Earth, which empowers homebuyers to mitigate their impact on the environment. As part of this initiative, all employees are required to take sustainability training, which contains information about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes and products.
· Installing more than 8,600 appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR in the qualified homes constructed in 2010.
· Continuing to educate buyers about the benefits of purchasing an ENERGY STAR qualified home; in 2010 the majority of KB Home sales, design center, and customer service staff completed training that focused on how to effectively help homebuyers understand the environmental and financial benefits of homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR.
· Conducting an energy use study in Riverside, CA which showed that, on average, homes that earn the ENERGY STAR have annual energy expenditures that are 50 percent lower than homes that are not ENERGY STAR qualified.