Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) serves more than 1.2 million business and residential electric customers and more than 630,000 gas customers in an economically diverse, 2,300 square-mile area encompassing Baltimore City and all or part of 10 Central Maryland counties. BGE offers residential energy efficiency programs through its Smart Energy Savers ProgramSM (SESP). BGE is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its success in delivering ENERGY STAR qualified homes and ENERGY STAR qualified products to the marketplace. Key accomplishments include:
· Partnering with nearly 370 retailers to sell more than 2.8 million light bulbs and over 41,000 appliances that have earned the ENERGY STAR since summer 2009.
· Partnering with 355 HVAC contractors to install more than 23,000 products that have earned the ENERGY STAR since April 2009, resulting in energy savings of more than 4,300 kW, 11.8 million kWh, and over 47,000 therms.
· Completing the construction of 1,555 new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR since 2009 with the help of 40 builder partners and more than 15 rater partners.
· Conducting a pilot study to proactively prepare for the implementation of the ENERGY STAR Version 3 requirements for new homes; the results of which include development of training criteria and guidance materials.
· Implementing an energy efficiency marketing campaign through a variety of outreach and promotional vehicles including inserts in print publications, television and radio spots, outdoor billboards, point-of-purchase signage, online advertising, and direct mailings.
· Highlighting the ENERGY STAR mark on all program marketing and outreach materials including the website, television spots, outdoor billboards, point-of-purchase material, and print and online advertising--garnering 185 million impressions.