ITW Food Equipment Group -- North America--the parent organization of independent companies including Hobart, Traulsen, Stero, Vulcan, Wittco, and Wolf--designs and manufactures commercial equipment for foodservice and food retail customers. ITW is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued innovation in developing a full suite of energy-efficient commercial food equipment, and its ongoing innovative marketing on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified equipment. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering a total of 368 ENERGY STAR qualified units in 2010, increasing the energy and water efficiency of units across entire product categories.
· Promoting energy efficiency by prominently displaying the ENERGY STAR on its qualified product packaging, websites, catalogs, and promotional brochures.
· Integrating energy management education and ENERGY STAR messaging into sales force and employee training, and encouraging them to promote ENERGY STAR qualified products to end-users, dealers, and consultants during national sales meetings, presentations, and other sales opportunities.
· Featuring ENERGY STAR at 11 trade shows, focusing on three initiatives aimed at increasing ENERGY STAR awareness: hosting a sustainability networking event, encouraging the purchase of ENERGY STAR qualified products via the "Look Up" campaign, and launching a new ENERGY STAR product.
· Launching a new sustainability website in 2010 to educate consumers and end-users about ways to create a more sustainable operation to reduce costs and decrease impact on the environment. The site highlights the energy cost and environmental savings associated with using ENERGY STAR qualified equipment.