Continental Refrigerator, an industry leader in the manufacture of commercial refrigeration products that are offered worldwide, has been an ENERGY STAR partner since 2001. Continental Refrigerator is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its innovation and leadership in energy-efficient commercial refrigeration. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering over 250 models that have earned the ENERGY STAR based on the updated, more stringent specifications; since partnering with the program in 2001, it has increased its offering of ENERGY STAR qualified products by 51 percent.
· Continuing to offer the most ENERGY STAR qualified products in the commercial refrigeration sector.
· Redesigning its product line, resulting in energy reductions of 6.5 to 15 percent.
· Garnering more than 100,000 impressions in 2010 catalogs, brochures, qualified products, and product displays.
· Integrating energy management and ENERGY STAR messaging into its sales force and employee training, educating more than 10,000 national sales associates, distributors/dealers, and food industry consultants on the environmental and financial benefits of products that have earned the ENERGY STAR.
· Enabling the development of enhanced energy-efficient products, including 2010 changes to production methods, process control, equipment controls, sensors and thermal insulation through Continental's new energy testing laboratory.