Bentall Kennedy--headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with U.S. headquarters in Seattle--is a full-service registered real estate investment advisor with $23 billion of assets under management, including $7.8 billion in the United States. Bentall Kennedy (formerly Kennedy Associates) is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for a continuous commitment to improve the energy performance of its portfolio through the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key accomplishments include:
· Benchmarking all eligible office and industrial buildings monthly, including 88 office buildings (more than 75 percent of its office portfolio) and 47 warehouses, representing 19.3 million square feet.
· Increasing the average ENERGY STAR score to 77 across the building portfolio from a 73 during the same period in 2009.
· Reducing energy use by 5.4 percent in 2010 over the previous year, resulting in an estimated $940,000 in energy cost savings.
· Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 65 buildings, representing $1.6 billion in market value, 11.2 million square feet, and 58 percent of its benchmarked portfolio.
· Expanding Bentall Kennedy's program to medical office buildings, targeting a 15 percent increase in energy efficiency as demonstrated in Portfolio Manager.
· Promoting its partnership with ENERGY STAR and the value of energy efficiency to its employees, clients, and tenants.