The Joint Management Committee, the sponsor of Massachusetts New Homes with ENERGY STAR, is a multi-utility and energy efficiency service provider effort, including Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, New England Gas, National Grid Gas & Electric, NSTAR Gas & Electric, and Western Massachusetts Electric Company. This joint effort is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to ENERGY STAR qualified homes. Key accomplishments include:
· Delivering more than 2,000 ENERGY STAR qualified new homes to the Massachusetts residential market.
· Increasing the number of installed ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs to over 45,000.
· Increasing the market share of ENERGY STAR qualified homes to 30 percent, a 4 percent increase over 2009.
· Saving an estimated 335 kW of summer and 285 kW of winter peak demand in Massachusetts in 2010.
· Implementing new pilot programs to address barriers to energy efficiency that exist in multifamily new construction, major renovations, and lighting design, as well as a pilot program to prepare the market for the next evolution of ENERGY STAR qualified homes-- Version 3.