Menards is a family-owned and operated home improvement retailer with 254 stores in a 12-state Midwest market that surrounds the Great Lakes. Menards is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its extensive integration of ENERGY STAR across all its merchandising and marketing efforts for home improvement products and services. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering consumers an ever-growing assortment of home improvement products that have earned the ENERGY STAR. Nearly 3,490 product models from lighting and appliances to windows, doors, roofing, and more were available in 2010--an increase of over 135 percent over 2009.
· Continuing its strong partnership with vendors to optimize the ENERGY STAR offerings and create consumer demand in all areas.
· Enhancing its ENERGY STAR in-home training through updates and placement on the company's intranet, realizing a 300 percent increase in team member completion over 2009 with 600 participants.
· Increasing its coordination with utilities to deliver value to consumers through ENERGY STAR lighting, appliance, and other rebates.
· Continuing to highlight ENERGY STAR in its marketing efforts, including grand openings, in-store announcements and point-of-purchase signs, direct mail, sales flyers (20 million weekly circulation), and online, print, and broadcast advertising--with 44 TV commercials reaching 33 million homes in 49 markets.