Southern Energy Management is a North Carolina-based sustainable energy company serving the Southeast with energy efficiency and solar power for homeowners, residential and commercial builders, companies, nonprofits, and government clients. Southern Energy Management is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to the ENERGY STAR for New Homes program. Key accomplishments include:
· Verifying more than 2,000 ENERGY STAR qualified homes and adding 52 new builder partners in 2010.
· Training realtors and builder sales staff on marketing the environmental and financial benefits of ENERGY STAR.
· Donating ENERGY STAR verification services to affordable housing organizations including Habitat for Humanity and other faith-based housing groups as well as community development corporations. In 2010, 16 multifamily projects with more than 800 units were qualified as ENERGY STAR.
· Working with a number of major builders that have committed to constructing 100 percent of their new homes to earn the ENERGY STAR.
· Coordinating with Appalachian State University and other key organizations to form the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance (NCEEA), whose mission is to educate consumers, builders, realtors, lenders, and appraisers on the true value of ENERGY STAR qualified homes.