ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Improving your home's energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the many ways to save in your home and track your progress with "My ENERGY STAR" - your new dashboard to savings.
A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the US EPA. ENERGY STAR certified homes use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort, quality, and durability.
Improve financial performance and reduce carbon emissions with EPA's strategic energy management approach.
Transwestern is a diversified operating company active in the real estate service, development, and investment management business. The firm currently manages and leases over 255 million square feet of commercial real estate nationwide. Transwestern is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for demonstrating continual commitment to leadership and expansion of its energy management programs, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score from 80 to 83 between 2009 and 2010 across more than 250 benchmarked properties representing 54 million square feet.
· Reducing energy consumption by 5.2 million kWh compared with the previous 12 months.
· Earning 2010 ENERGY STAR certification for 126 properties.
· Establishing an Innovation and Quality Assurance Group to ensure quality and consistency regarding benchmarking practices--turning regional best practices into corporate policy.
· Developing an internal ENERGY STAR Best Practices manual and creating an action plan tailored for each individual benchmarked property.