Transwestern is a diversified operating company active in the real estate service, development, and investment management business. The firm currently manages and leases over 255 million square feet of commercial real estate nationwide. Transwestern is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for demonstrating continual commitment to leadership and expansion of its energy management programs, including the use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing its average ENERGY STAR score from 80 to 83 between 2009 and 2010 across more than 250 benchmarked properties representing 54 million square feet.
· Reducing energy consumption by 5.2 million kWh compared with the previous 12 months.
· Earning 2010 ENERGY STAR certification for 126 properties.
· Establishing an Innovation and Quality Assurance Group to ensure quality and consistency regarding benchmarking practices--turning regional best practices into corporate policy.
· Developing an internal ENERGY STAR Best Practices manual and creating an action plan tailored for each individual benchmarked property.