Community Housing Partners (CHP) is a nonprofit community development corporation that manages more than 5,000 energy-efficient, affordable housing units in four states. CHP is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for a sustained commitment to reducing the household energy costs of low-income families. Key accomplishments include:
· Helping low-income families save money through energy efficiency by weatherizing more than 900 homes using ENERGY STAR qualified appliances and equipment in 2010.
· Developing 245 ENERGY STAR qualified low-rise multifamily affordable housing units in 2010--a 36 percent increase over 2009--as well as 10 single-family ENERGY STAR
qualified homes which were sold to income qualified homebuyers.
· Providing all CHP clients--homebuyers and renters--a "green" maintenance manual that explains how to maintain energy-efficient features in their homes, how to save money on energy costs, and how to reduce their carbon footprint.
· Opening a state-of-the-art training facility in Virginia, where over 2,800 housing professionals from 17 states received energy efficiency training during the first 9 months of operation.
· Installing ENERGY STAR qualified products in all developments, both new construction and substantial rehab, since 2003.