CenterPoint Energy is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving more than 5 million customers in the Houston metropolitan area. CenterPoint Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for outstanding delivery of ENERGY STAR qualified homes to its customers. Key accomplishments include:
· Adding six new builder partners in 2010.
· Expanding education and outreach efforts, including adding information on the ENERGY STAR Version 3 specification for new homes.
· Saving almost 27 million kWh in 2010, for a total savings of over 202 million kWh since the program's inception in 2001.
· Continuing sales training efforts for the realtor community by partnering with several builders to host a continuing education course titled, "Be a Star with ENERGY STAR," which educates realtors on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes.
· Continuing to aggressively incentivize the construction of 10,000 new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR in 2010, for a total of more than 95,500 homes since launching the effort in 2001.