ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Improving your home's energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the many ways to save in your home and track your progress with "My ENERGY STAR" - your new dashboard to savings.
A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the US EPA. ENERGY STAR certified homes use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort, quality, and durability.
Improve financial performance and reduce carbon emissions with EPA's strategic energy management approach.
CenterPoint Energy is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving more than 5 million customers in the Houston metropolitan area. CenterPoint Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for outstanding delivery of ENERGY STAR qualified homes to its customers. Key accomplishments include:
· Adding six new builder partners in 2010.
· Expanding education and outreach efforts, including adding information on the ENERGY STAR Version 3 specification for new homes.
· Saving almost 27 million kWh in 2010, for a total savings of over 202 million kWh since the program's inception in 2001.
· Continuing sales training efforts for the realtor community by partnering with several builders to host a continuing education course titled, "Be a Star with ENERGY STAR," which educates realtors on the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes.
· Continuing to aggressively incentivize the construction of 10,000 new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR in 2010, for a total of more than 95,500 homes since launching the effort in 2001.