Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security, and other government markets. The company operates 57 major locations in the United States and has made employee engagement the hallmark of its successful energy program. Raytheon employee involvement in energy management starts with the CEO and extends through a team of 26 energy professionals to a network of 1,500 Energy Champions and 37,000 Raytheon Energy Citizens. Raytheon is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to energy efficiency and support of the ENERGY STAR program. Key accomplishments include:
· Reducing energy intensity by 3 percent in 2010 and by 22 percent since 2007.
· Cutting more than 2 million kWh in 2010 while preventing 3 million pounds of CO2 emissions.
· Expanding participation in its Energy Citizens program by 10,000 employees over the previous year's levels to engage more than 50 percent of the company's 72,000 employees.
· Integrating ENERGY STAR resources and campaigns into employee training while promoting the ENERGY STAR program externally through conference presentations and other events.
· Instituting new systems to bring real-time energy data to operators at key sites to ensure optimal energy performance.
· Creating a competitive environment amongst sites and business units to save more energy through the use of a scorecard system.