Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA) is a leading global manufacturer of household appliances. Electrolux is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for increasing its selection and shipment of ENERGY STAR qualified models and prominently featuring ENERGY STAR in sales, marketing, and communications efforts. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing shipments of ENERGY STAR qualified appliances to 4.9 million in 2010, nearly a 12 percent increase from 2009.
· Offering over 30 refrigerators that are ENERGY STAR qualified and exceed the minimum standards by 30 percent or more.
· Encouraging consumers to recycle old appliances and replace them with ENERGY STAR qualified appliances through the Swap and Save program, which so far, has saved U.S. consumers more than $240 million in energy savings and over 7.4 billion gallons of water.
· Supporting projects that promote energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR products through collaborations with the University of Kansas, St. Jude's Dream Homes, and Northwest ENERGY STAR Homes.
· Promoting ENERGY STAR through its Ultra Efficient Kitchen at major industry events, through point-of-purchase materials, in print, and on the Web.
· Implementing its Green Spirit Initiative at factory locations to raise awareness of the importance of energy-efficient products, including ENERGY STAR appliances in applicable categories, promote a range of environmentally friendly products, and target a 15 percent companywide reduction of energy by 2012.