ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Improving your home's energy efficiency with ENERGY STAR can help to lower high energy bills, improve comfort and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the many ways to save in your home and track your progress with "My ENERGY STAR" - your new dashboard to savings.
A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the US EPA. ENERGY STAR certified homes use 15-30% less energy than typical new homes while delivering better comfort, quality, and durability.
Improve financial performance and reduce carbon emissions with EPA's strategic energy management approach.
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) and PNM are receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for superior delivery of the ENERGY STAR New Homes program. NMGC provides natural gas services to more than 500,000 customers throughout New Mexico. PNM, New Mexico's largest electricity provider, serves nearly 500,000 customers. Key accomplishments include:
· Recruiting 22 home builders and 5 HERS raters to partner with the ENERGY STAR New Homes program in 2010 for a cumulative total of 66 builders and 27 raters since June 2009.
· Sponsoring the construction of approximately 650 homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR--an 18 percent increase over 2009.
· Incentivizing 34 percent of all homes constructed in the NMGC and PNM service territories to earn the ENERGY STAR.
· Developing a special incentive tier to encourage builders to construct higher-performing homes in light of more stringent building codes.
· Training homebuilders, trade contractors, and market allies on the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes, including special workshops focused on ENERGY STAR Versions 2.5 and 3.