New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) and PNM are receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for superior delivery of the ENERGY STAR New Homes program. NMGC provides natural gas services to more than 500,000 customers throughout New Mexico. PNM, New Mexico's largest electricity provider, serves nearly 500,000 customers. Key accomplishments include:
· Recruiting 22 home builders and 5 HERS raters to partner with the ENERGY STAR New Homes program in 2010 for a cumulative total of 66 builders and 27 raters since June 2009.
· Sponsoring the construction of approximately 650 homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR--an 18 percent increase over 2009.
· Incentivizing 34 percent of all homes constructed in the NMGC and PNM service territories to earn the ENERGY STAR.
· Developing a special incentive tier to encourage builders to construct higher-performing homes in light of more stringent building codes.
· Training homebuilders, trade contractors, and market allies on the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified homes, including special workshops focused on ENERGY STAR Versions 2.5 and 3.