The Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) is an electric utility that serves approximately 527,000 customers in 230 cities and towns across 30,000 square miles of eastern and southwestern Oklahoma. PSO is receiving recognition for its outstanding efforts to increase the availability and demand for ENERGY STAR qualified homes. Key accomplishments include:
· Recruiting 24 new builders to partner with the ENERGY STAR New Homes program for a total of 50 home builders.
· Sponsoring the construction of about 650 ENERGY STAR qualified homes in 2010--an 18 percent increase over 2009--yielding over 713 kW and nearly 1,675 MWh of energy savings.
· Achieving a 22 percent market penetration of homes that earned the ENERGY STAR in the PSO service area, a 4 percent increase over 2009.
· Offering an additional incentive tier for builders who meet ENERGY STAR guidelines and install geothermal heat, meet NAHB Green requirements, or meet LEED requirements; this incentive encourages homebuilders to further increase the energy savings associated with each home while providing a financial incentive to offset the 2-year Oklahoma Tax Credit moratorium.
· Sponsoring Tulsa Habitat for Humanity to ensure all homes constructed in 2010 are ENERGY STAR qualified.