The Boeing Company, the world's largest aerospace company, employs 159,000 and owns more than 70 million square feet of space. The company is committed to protecting the environment through a robust corporate energy management program supported by its senior executives. Boeing is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its energy management program and innovative methods for deploying energy improvements and cost savings across the enterprise. Key accomplishments include:
· Achieving a 5.1 percent energy intensity reduction and an absolute energy reduction of 1.1 percent equivalent to more than 133,000 MMBtu.
· Investing $6.6 million in energy efficiency improvements through an investment fund that requires sites to dedicate 3 to 5 percent of their annual utilities budgets for energy and environmental projects.
· Building a strong energy management strategy and culture that reduces the environmental footprint of Boeing operations by using resources efficiently and removing waste.
· Meeting the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two of its sites and earning the ENERGY STAR for four of its office buildings, including its corporate headquarters.
· Conveying the value of energy efficiency and productivity improvements to employees, customers, and communities through innovative outreach and ENERGY STAR awareness campaigns.