The E Group, a division of FirstEnergy Solutions Corp., provides energy management services to governmental, multisite commercial, and industrial clients across the United States--managing more than 165,000 client accounts and a total energy portfolio in excess of $1.2 billion. By using EPA's automated benchmarking system, The E Group has integrated ENERGY STAR scores into its eTrends reporting tool. The E Group is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for helping clients improve the energy performance of their buildings through benchmarking. Key accomplishments include:
· Increasing the number of client buildings using automated benchmarking to 4,400--an increase of 300 percent in just 12 months. At least half of its clients are benchmarking at least one building in Portfolio Manager.
· Helping 76 client buildings earn the ENERGY STAR and over 130 buildings improve their ENERGY STAR score by at least 10 points in 2010.
· Recruiting two Fortune 500 companies--a large banking company and a national retailer--to partner with ENERGY STAR.
· Enabling clients and utility affiliates to reduce electric load and avoid fees through a list of potential energy-saving recommendations after onsite audits.
· Encouraging clients to incorporate ENERGY STAR into their Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grants and to use ENERGY STAR to help quantify the efficiencies they implemented as a result of state or local government mandates.