APS (Arizona Public Service), Arizona's largest electric utility, serves more than 1.1 million customers. APS is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to ENERGY STAR qualified new homes and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR. Key accomplishments include:
· Offering incentives to encourage the construction of 1,655 new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR in 2010, for a total of more than 8,200 since 2006.
· Increasing builder participation, with 44 builders committing over 18,000 lots to be built to ENERGY STAR standards.
· Achieving an ENERGY STAR market share of 55 percent for new homes built in the APS service territory during 2010, making the APS territory a leading region in the nation for ENERGY STAR market share.
· Securing 12 builders to participate in its new ENERGY STAR + Solar Homes program, which requires builders to meet all ENERGY STAR requirements in order to be eligible for APS solar rebates.
· Working proactively to prepare the Arizona new homes market for the transition to the ENERGY STAR Version 3 specification through various events, including a full-day forum with participating HERS raters.
· Entering the market with a low-cost, direct-install energy audit to evaluate which homes could benefit from participating in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
· Providing incentives and marketing to motivate homeowners to make energy efficiency improvements including duct sealing, high-efficiency HVAC equipment, air sealing, attic insulation, and window shading. These efforts helped the Arizona Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program improve 800 homes in 2010.