Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company with recognized global brands that are sold in more than 200 countries and territories. The company's commitment to corporate energy management is an important part of its global environmental sustainability efforts. Colgate-Palmolive is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its energy management strategy and approach. Key accomplishments include:
· Improving energy efficiency by 2.6 percent over 2009.
· Constructing a solid energy management structure based on the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management and building numerous company-specific resources to enable successful implementation.
· Enabling energy projects by designating a minimum percentage of each facility's 2010 capital expenditure budget--actual implementation of this capital funding policy resulted in nearly twice the minimum invested on average.
· Impacting the company's energy value chain strategically by reducing the energy required to manufacture its products.
· Building capacity among employees for energy management through training sessions on topics such as conducting energy assessments and creating energy action plans.
· Supporting other industrial companies in their quest to improve energy management at the corporate level.