Lowe's Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 50 company that serves about 15 million customers each week at more than 1,725 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Lowe's is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued leadership in integrating ENERGY STAR across all its strategic marketing efforts and customer and other stakeholder touch points. Key accomplishments include:
· Integrating ENERGY STAR into its national corporate marketing strategy through the Efficient Home and "Build Your Savings" programs that have represented the retailer's go-to-market platform for addressing the growing energy and water efficiency consumer market.
· Continuing to expand its selection of ENERGY STAR qualified products--including appliances, lighting, windows and doors, and more--where the sales of these products from 2009 to 2010 saved customers more than $1 billion in their energy bills over the products' lifetimes.
· Engaging its employees in nationwide ENERGY STAR training programs, in particular, its Life Track health and wellness program's Life Track Goes Green campaign, resulting in more than 238,000 impressions among Lowe's associates and their families.
· Continuing to build its utility program to plan and execute rebate and education events with more than 46 utilities in 2010.
· Securing billions of ENERGY STAR impressions in a wide variety of media including in-store marketing, advertising, public relations, and online.
· Sponsoring ENERGY STAR-themed events such as the Earth Day Build and Grow clinic and the October 31 Days, 31 Ways to Save campaign--both of which featured Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR where Lowe's drove enough pledges to save over 8 million pounds of greenhouse gases and more than $670,000 in energy costs.
· Launching the Energy Center--a 4-bay in-store display featuring numerous ways that customers can save energy--in 60 stores across the country.