OSRAM SYLVANIA is the second largest light and materials company in the world, employing about 11,350 people in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Mexico. OSRAM SYLVANIA is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for consistent demonstration of the effectiveness of collaboration with efficiency programs to help transform
the market for ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs. Key accomplishments include:
· Adding more than 100 new CFL models that have earned the ENERGY STAR in 2010 for a total of over 340 models, expanding its micro-mini product line using T2 technology, and extending lamp life to 12,000 hours for many models.
· Joining 40 utility sponsors and 50 retailers to present programs in all classes of trade, resulting in nationwide retail distribution/outreach to more than 2,000 retail locations in 2010.
· Garnering over 153 million media impressions promoting ENERGY STAR via print, radio, and internet placements in 2010--a 900 percent increase over the previous year due to aggressive promotion of a 40th Anniversary of Earth Day contest.
· Continuing to exemplify its commitment to ENERGY STAR through its participation in the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign and creating an on-hold message at the customer service center encouraging thousands of customers to take the pledge. More than 4.2 million people are exposed to ENERGY STAR and the Change the World messaging throughout the year.
· Being one of the first manufacturers to earn the ENERGY STAR for LED lamps.
· Hosting a booth with interactive educational demonstrations communicating ENERGY STAR messaging to approximately 30,000 people each at Lightfair International in Las Vegas, NV and Greenbuild conference in Chicago, IL.