USAA Real Estate Company owns, manages, and develops more than $6 billion in commercial real estate assets across the United States. USAA Real Estate Company is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for continuing to improve the energy performance of its portfolio and offer energy efficiency leadership to the real estate industry. Key accomplishments include:
· Reducing energy consumption by more than 38 percent and utility costs by nearly $16 million since partnering with ENERGY STAR in 2000, saving over $1.9 million in 2010 alone.
· Exceeding its portfolio-wide 2010 energy and water efficiency goal of 5 percent by saving over 5 percent on energy and 17 percent on water.
· Achieving ENERGY STAR Leaders recognition in 2010 for the seventh consecutive year.
· Benchmarking all of its office, hotel, and multifamily properties, with 92 percent of its office building portfolio receiving an ENERGY STAR score of 75 or higher.
· Improving its ENERGY STAR score across its entire portfolio by 81 percent since 2000.
· Communicating the financial, tenant comfort, and environmental benefits of ENERGY STAR regularly, both internally and externally.