Sharp Electronics Corporation (SEC) is a subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a manufacturer of products for the home, business, and solar electricity markets. SEC is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for offering consumers an array of exceptionally efficient, fully featured electronics. Key accomplishments include:
· Delivering to the market low energy AQUOS Quattron televisions--65 percent more efficient than current LCD CFL backlight models--which are also mercury free.
· Offering consumers 51 ENERGY STAR qualified TVs, including new 60-inch models that meet the same ENERGY STAR requirements as smaller TVs--using just 108 watts.
· Achieving ENERGY STAR qualification for its professional monitors for the first time; 100 percent of its LCD monitor models have earned the ENERGY STAR.
· Offering consumers ENERGY STAR qualified products in nine categories: televisions, room air conditioners, air purifiers, fax machines, audio products, DVD players, and copiers, printers, and multifunction devices; SEC currently manufactures 153 products that have earned the ENERGY STAR.
· Educating dealers, retailers, and consumers on the importance of efficiency.
· Providing recycling for Sharp branded products in all 50 states, in coordination with partners.
· Supporting more environmentally friendly manufacturing--in Osaka, Japan: generating solar power, using LED lighting, using 100 percent recycled processing water for LCD manufacturing, and discharging zero waste to the landfill; in Memphis, TN: installing a 150 kW solar system to complement the existing 50 kW system.