Panasonic Home & Environment Company (PHEC), a unit company of Panasonic North America, is the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service, and research and development operations for ventilation, and offers an advanced line of high-performance ventilation fans. PHEC is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for these products and the corresponding high-quality marketing and training efforts. Key accomplishments include:
· Continuing to be an industry leader by qualifying 100 percent of its eligible Panasonic line ventilation fans as ENERGY STAR and offering the highest efficiency among currently qualified products of these types.
· Introducing new ENERGY STAR qualified vent fan products in 2010 for a total selection of 35, representing an 8 percent increase over 2009.
· Achieving 89 percent of company sales from products that have earned the ENERGY STAR--a 122 percent increase over 2009.
· Introducing seven new WhisperCeiling and WhisperLite models that maintain their industry-leading performance and quiet operation under increased static pressure.
· Continuing innovative communications efforts including distributing weatherization kits, participation in the National Capitol Home Energy Makeover, Universal Design Living Laboratory, and PUNCHouse 234 project.
· Increasing the number of ENERGY STAR media placements by 47 percent over 2009, and garnering more than 12 million impressions, expanding the audience reached by 59 percent.