Wisconsin Focus on Energy is a statewide energy efficiency program that works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency measures and renewable energy projects. Wisconsin Focus on Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence recognition for delivering its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program and its commercial sector programs. Key accomplishments include:
· Participating in the Building Performance with ENERGY STAR Pilot Program while expanding its target efforts in the retail market; as part of the pilot program, participants compete with other retail organizations to achieve the highest ENERGY STAR score across their Wisconsin portfolio over 12 months.
· Developing "Energy Team Kits" that leverage ENERGY STAR tools to support customers in starting their own energy teams and pursuing a strategic approach to energy management.
· Completing more than 3,000 energy audits that resulted in 1,800 whole-home retrofit projects in 2010, involving more than 400 trade allies and 70 contractors.
· Saving nearly 4 million therms of natural gas, more than 40 million kWh in electricity, and $97 million in energy costs since 2001 through the state's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program.
· Generating over 13 million impressions through marketing and outreach activities in 2010.